Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday Musings

Meighan and Alex are spending the night tonight with their Grandma and Grandpa so that I could go to my monthly book club dinner with the girls. I had a nice time and it was nice to be with grownups all night! My mom e-mailed me some adorable pictures from their time with them tonight and I thought I'd share them. Here they are -


Alex is such an animal lover - he loves to play with Cooper and give him kisses!

Apparently, Alex has finally figured out how to slide down his slide by himself and had a great time sliding tonight. (By the way, he's laughing in this picture, not crying).

Here's Meighan riding on her doggy toy in the play area that Mom and Dave have created for the kids!

Here's Alex hanging out with Grandpa and playing peekaboo!

I'm missing them a lot but I'm trying to enjoy a night to myself! I also was able to take the day off tomorrow (YEAH!) so, I'm going to sleep until noon which I never do anymore and spend the rest of the day doing whatever I feel like. I think Paul and I might even splurge and go get some Mexican on our way to pick up the babies! We never get to have dinner alone these days!

I also got a couple of scrapbook pages done over the last couple of days that I wanted to share. The first is a page that I did about Meighan's second month (I'm doing monthly pages of what they did, what life was like, etc for their baby books).


And here is one I did for this week's Digi Dare (the challenge was to document 'A Day in the Life' and to include a calendar/planner on the page as well as at least one picture from your day). I'm pretty happy with how this one came out! It talks about life with twins (it focuses on what our life was like when the twins were infants).

If you want to see these pages in a place where you can see the details, read the journaling, etc. you might want to visit my gallery at DST here.

I also wanted to send out a special hug to Keely Simpson and her son Shane who are facing such an awful time right now. I'm on Keely's creative team and think the world of her. She's such a wonderful mother to her little boy! He is very sick with a brain tumor and her commitment to him, his treatment and the rest of their family just amazes me. He had surgery not long ago and seemed to be doing well but things have made a turn for the worse. Shane's story and an update on his status can be found on the Scraps 4 Shane Designs blog. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts because they are all really special people who really deserve good things!

That's it for me tonight! I'm going to go put together a scrapbook page just because I can! LOL More tomorrow.

No comments: