Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Musings

I haven't had much luck with Blogger this week. I've come on 3 different times to post something and couldn't get on. So, here I am to finally post! We've had an okay week. It's been busy but productive. The twins are doing great - learning new things each day! Alex can now open a door knob after he pulls over anything and everything to help him reach it! I'll have a few pictures of that for you tomorrow. I just didn't get a chance to download the pictures tonight. Both babies are climbing on anything that they can get their hands on - they want to be big people so badly! But, the downside of that is that they often fall and bruise themselves up! Meighan had a big bruise on her cheek after a fall from a chair this week. It didn't seem to bother her but I hate seeing her precious little face with bruises! Otherwise things are okay.

I do want to mention that I am no longer a part of the Scraps 4 Shane Creative Team. It's a long story and I don't want to get into it here on my blog but there is reason to believe that Keely was not giving everyone a truthful story about her son and his battle with cancer. She isn't responding to requests for clarification about the issues that need clarification and has effectively dropped off the radar. So, needless to say, I'm very hurt and saddened by the whole mess. If you want more information about the entire mess, you can see this thread on the DST forums but I wanted to make a small comment on this so that you understand why I'm no longer creating with her designs. I'm trying to look at this in a positive way and seeing this as an opportunity to really focus on working with the other four designers that I'm fortunate enough to be working with - Jen Beschinski, Mikki Livanos, Rose Farver and Melissa Rose. I'm really excited about continuing to work with these ladies! They are all putting out some incredible things for the digital community and I'm proud to be a part of their teams!

I also wanted to mention that my grandfather is in the hospital with pneumonia and I'm hoping to get over to see him tomorrow. It's hard to maneuver that with the twins but we'll figure something out. I also want to check on my grandmother because I know that this isn't easy for her - she's so worried about him. So, we will be working on getting ourselves over to the hospital at some point tomorrow. Other than that, things are pretty quiet. I did get a layout done tonight using some of Melissa Rose's beautiful designs. I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can see it below. If you want to see the credits, just go over to my DST Gallery (the link is on the right side of the blog). More tomorrow ...


No comments: