Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday Musings

I'm sorry that I missed posting yesterday. I had a crazy day at work, a board meeting and cocktail party after work and then I really felt like doing nothing but watching a movie on the couch. I don't actually have much to add today either since I'm still basically recovering from yesterday but I do have a page to share that I put together tonight for this week's Digi Dare challenge. The challenge was to do a layout with a book either as the primary picture on the page or as a primary element of the page as well as a quote from a book as part of your title or journaling. Well, being such an avid reader, this was a great challenge for me. So, I decided to do a page about Little Women which I love for many reasons. It was one of the first books to really make an impact on me and it began my life long love of reading. It also brings back wonderful memories of time with my mom since we read it together when I was a child. And, last but not least, my mom chose my name from a character in this book. This might sound strange but I also think it's interesting how several people very important to me have the same names as the women in this book - My mom's middle name is Jo, my name is Amy, my sisters name is Elizabeth (ok - this might be a stretch since Elizabeth doesn't go by Beth but it's still significant to me), and my little one's name is Meighan (and we do call her Meg on occasion - more as a term of endearment than anything). This probably makes no sense to anyone but me but it gives me an even closer affinity to the book. Enough about my odd, stream of conscience thoughts about this book. On to the page - I used Jen Beschinski's newly released kit, Beautiful Day, which is my new favorite kit. It's so beautiful! If you want to see the whole thing, you can go to her store for a closer look. It's incredibly detailed and versatile. LOVE IT! Anyway, here it is.


Thanks for looking and checking in with us. I'll try to get a few more pictures of the babies up tomorrow. They are doing well. Getting so big and full of themselves. Meighan has really been testing us, discipline wise, but we're hanging in there. They are so adorable. I just can't get enough of them. More tomorrow ...

No comments: