Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Musings

I think that I might be in denial because I've spent all day avoiding thoughts of September 11, 2001. I just can't go there again. I'm still sad about how many lives were lost and how it impacted all of us in very personal ways. But, I can't focus on it today. It's just too much. So, I'm not going to post much about the fact that 5 years ago that terrible thing happened to us all. Instead, I'm going to post about the people who have changed my life in ways that I'd never imagined ... Meighan and Alex. I just can't believe how different my life is today than it was 18 months ago when these two came crashing into our lives. It has been quite a ride and I'm so honored to have been invited along. They are such incredible little people and I still can't quite grasp the fact that they came from me. Let's start with pictures (since they're so darn cute and I take hundreds of pictures of them every week) ...



This is my current favorite picture of them ... kissing each other because they love each other so much. We've tried to teach them to kiss instead of hitting and for the most part it's working. It's a work in progress but they do love each other and we see lots of kisses. I love that I captured this sweet moment between them. Very cute!

And now for the other side of the sibling coin ...

Although they love each other, they also LOVE to antagonize one another. Meighan decided to use Alex's toy as a way to get up on the sofa and he was NOT happy about it. He screamed bloody murder until she left 'his' stuff alone.

Here is a picture of my very funny girl ...


She is such a ham - she loves making funny faces and making people laugh. This is her current favorite face - a scrunched up face with a huge grin! She also loves to watch herself make faces in the mirror. Such a funny girl!

And here's my little man ... so very serious here. He can be hilarious too but its easy to forget that since he has a tendency towards seriousness and getting intensely focused on things. He's notorious for spending a long time just trying to figure out how to get a top onto a bottle. I love that he can be so serious.


Meighan and Alex are learning all kinds of new things such as how to feed themselves with a fork and spoon. They are coming along pretty well although if they're really hungry, they sometimes give up silverware in favor of their much faster hands. It's so much fun to watch them explore the world and learn new things.


I just adore these two little ones ... they've made my life so much better than I could ever have imagined. They have made me a better person. I'm so glad to know them and be able to love them. Okay, enough gushy stuff. Here's one last picture for tonight.


Isn't he adorable? We'd like to be able to say that he is pointing out that the Eagles are #1 since this picture was taken during the Eagles game yesterday. But, if we're honest, he's probably pointing to the ceiling and saying "What's That?" which he says almost constantly these days. Very curious, our Alex!

Well, that's it for me tonight. I'm tired. I was going to try to get a page done tonight but I'm just not up to it. I need to do a layout for the Digi Dare Ya challenge but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I need to rest. I have several movies on our tivo so maybe I'll go catch a movie. Have a great night!

No comments: