Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday Musings

Today was a tough day. None of us were feeling well. None of us were coping well. None of us were particularly happy. Two sick adults + two sick toddlers = NO FUN!

Alex seemed to feel pretty bad this morning - very fussy, nothing making him happy, whining a lot. He seemed better after naptime. Fever gone, a little less fussiness. By bedtime, he almost seemed like his old self - getting into everything, trying to climb on top of the dresser and just generally being a boy!

Meighan seemed okay until late morning and then she began getting a fever and wanting to just lay with me on the couch and cuddle. Which is definately not the norm for her. She seemed to feel a little better, then a little worse. Then, suddenly, right at bedtime she became lethargic and she was burning up with a fever (102.5) yet she was shivering from her fever. Poor girl. I just dressed her warmly, picked her up, wrapped her in a blanket and cuddled with her until bedtime. Gave her (and Alex) some Motrin and put them to bed. I don't like that fever so I'll be going in regularly to check on her.

I had no idea how hard it is to see your children sick before the twins came along. I'd assumed it would be no fun but it's so overwhelming to see them hurting or uncomfortable and basically be able to do nothing except hold them through it. I just hate it when they're sick and I can't make it go away.

All in all, our day was no fun. I got basically nothing done other than stuff around the house - dishes, laundry, made lunch, that sort of thing. No layouts done like I'd hoped I'd get done. I just didn't have it in me. Maybe I'll try to put something simple together tonight. We'll see. I'm not feeling particularly inspired at the moment. Maybe I'll take a shower - that usually makes me feel better. I only have a cough now but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I napped for 2 hours today while the twins napped but I still feel exhausted. I might just watch some tv that I have on the tivo from this week and head to bed early.

Just a quick note about the fall tv season. I'm obsessed with tv ... it's how I escape and this fall I'm already adding a ton of new shows to my tivo roster. Besides the usual Grey's Anatomy (my fav), LOST (another fave), The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Desperate Housewives, My Name is Earl, Nip/Tuck (my guilty pleasure), er, and Dancing with the Stars, I'm also now tivo'ing Men In Trees (LOVE this one), Kidnapped (so far so good), 6 Degrees (haven't watched it yet), Studio 69 (so far so good), Brothers & Sisters (hasn't aired yet), The Class (we'll see). I think that's everything. WOW! That's a lot of tv. I know that I'll weed out a few this year because I always do (or they get cancelled). But, seeing them all laid out like this makes me realize that I watch quite a bit tv. No wonder I love my tivo. And, this list doesn't even include the HBO shows that I love like Entourage, Big Love and Curb Your Enthusiasm. YIKES!

Anyway, I'm going to go watch the first episode of 6 Degrees while I fold more laundry (how in the world do 4 of us make so much darn dirty laundry!!!!) and wash another load of dishes (again, how in the world do we go through so many dishes in just one day!).

More tomorrow ... hopefully, we'll all be feeling better!

No comments: