Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Musings

Tonight is likely to be a long one with lots of pictures since I took a ton over the weekend that I want to share. We had a very nice weekend - pretty low key although we got a lot done on Saturday. We were out of the house by 10 a.m. which is practically a record for us since the twins were born. We had breakfast at Chick fil A then headed to Target to pick up a number of things we needed. Then, we went to the grocery store. After we got home and had lunch, the twins went down for a nap and I did too! I feel like I'm coming down with a cold so I decided to take it easy. Then, Paul let me sleep a little longer while he and Sami took Meighan and Alex to the playground where they had LOTS of fun. Very eventful day, overall. Today was much more low key. I never left the house once! So nice to just stay in awhile. We watched football and cheered on the Eagles. Unfortunately, they lost in OT. Alex spent most of the game saying 'football' and throwing his fist into the air like his Daddy and cheering on the Eagles. Paul will make a fan out of that boy yet. Speaking of talking, they are really beginning to talk quite a bit. Alex repeats (or tries to repeat) almost everything that he hears these days. Off the top of my head, with no thought, here are the words that they know now: football, yes, no, kitty, dog, momma, dadda, sissy, meg, alex, sami, bottle, ball, EIEIO and many others that I can't think of right now. Alex loves music and is beginning to do the hand movements that go with If You're Happy and You Know It. Very cute! Meighan likes music too but she's more interested in dancing. They really enjoyed having Sami here. Sami dressed Meighan up in some of her old dress up clothes which made Meighan feel like a million bucks! (Sami also did some beauty treatments on Paul - yes, I have pictures - which only a really good, patient dad would allow their ten year old to do to them). Well, here are the pictures for you ...

Sami and Meighan on Saturday


Giggling together - noone makes Meighan giggle like Sami can!

My handsome little man - sorry about the red eyes, I'm too lazy to fix them tonight!


Here are two where Sami is making Paul pretty - it's definately every dad who'd say yes to playing hair dresser - again, another reason that I love him.


Alex just adores Sami - he'd be happy if she held him or sat near him at all times. He thinks she's so cool!


My boys ... I just adores these two!


Gosh, isn't this girl just the cutest?? She is so full of personality!


Here's our girl Sami - she's growing up into such a pretty girl. It scares the crap out of Paul. But, she is also very smart and has a good head on her shoulders. We're very proud of her.

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm off work tomorrow and planning to get the minivan serviced and clean my VERY messy closet.

No comments: