Sunday, September 06, 2009

Home Sweet Home Musings - The Rest of our time in Virginia

We headed back to Richmond just in time to celebrate my mom's birthday ... the kids had fun helping to open her presents ... who doesn't like presents? 
 
  
  
Now that's a gift that keeps on giving ... LOVE that glass!
  
  
I adore this photograph. I'm soooo glad that Meighan has this with her grandma like I had with mine. There is nothing quite as special as a Grandma!  Especially one that loves you this much ...
  
  
  
  
The kids were swimming fools, using Grandma and Grandpa's pool at every opportunity!
  
  
  
  
  
  
On our last day in town, our friends Henry and Lisa came over and we finally got to meet their little guy ... he's just about the sweetest little guy EVER! Amazing how grown up he is ... It was great to hang with them for awhile. We miss them so much. The kids loved playing with little Henry ... and he was a good sport. This was little Henry's first time in the pool ... we tried the raft but he wasn't a fan of that. He did like hanging out with his daddy and getting wet while in his arms.
    
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 

Soon after Henry and Lisa left, we headed out of town and back to Missouri. It was really difficult to leave the twins in Richmond (they spent another week at Grandma and Grandpa's house). Leaving was very bittersweet for me. I miss home so much but, more importantly, the people that make it home to me. My family. Our friends. The familiar places. The comfort of home. Sometimes we take so much for granted. Going home after 12 months in St. Louis helped me to realize how fortunate we are to have so many people who love us. I will continue to miss Virginia and all the people we love but I'm also proud of us for venturing out of our comfort zone and moving so far from home to try to make a better life for our family. And, I was reluctantly eager to head home ... to our house, our things, my job, the people that populate our life in Missouri. I have to admit that I was looking forward to the idea of a week without kids ... that's something that I hadn't experienced in four years. It was nice to have some time to re-energize ourselves and do some of the things we rarely get to do since we had children ... But, we missed them and couldn't wait for them to come home to us!

No comments: