Saturday, September 05, 2009

Home Sweet Home Musings - Day 2 in Virginia

On our second day in good 'ole VA, Mom and Dave had a cookout for us which was so much fun! I got to see all my peeps. All the peeps I've been missing so much and they were all in one place! That was good and bad. I got to see them but I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with any one. It was like my wedding day - I was able to say hello, catch up, etc but didn't get to really have any quality time with anyone. But, we had fun! Lots of fun. I miss all of you so much ... if you're reading this - know that you are missed every day! We were so thrilled to spend time with each and every one of you. It meant so much to us that you all took the time out to come hang with us!
The kids went crazy in Mom and Dave's brand new pool, playing and having a blast!  Sami and Katie jumped right back into their old friendship, spending the evening swimming and catching up ...

  
  
 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
 Shannon helping Sophie with her swimmies - she's gotten SO big, she was practically a baby when I saw her last! Now she's a little lady!
  
 No party at my mom's would ever be without yummy food! Everyone dug in ... Dave's kids as well as grandkids all came to say hello. It was great to see them. It's amazing how much all the kiddos grew in just 12 short months. The lady in the pink/red shirt is my girl Jennifer - she was my best friend in high school and it meant the world to me that she came by for the party!  And, I stole some time away and we hung out on the porch to catch up. She's an amazing person and I'm so proud of her and all that she's done with her life!  Our friends John and Shawn also came by to catch up. I know that it meant a lot to Paul to see them. He's missed his friends ...
  
  
  
Here's Bob, Peggy, Katie and Sarah. Sarah's husband, Carl, is there somewhere but not in the photo. It was great to see these guys. They were such a part of my daily life for so long that it still feels strange to not see Sarah and Peggy every day!
 
 
  
  
  
Mom's fab kitchen ... my mom is one talented decorator and an amazing party thrower. She thought of everything and I just loved all the little touches she included ..
  
The girls had a blast playing in the garage. Before we left for Missouri, they were all at awkward ages to play well with one another. Not anymore! It's a shame we're so far away. The girls would have a BLAST playing together!
  
  
  
And my girls ... Shannon, Shannon and Susannah who I miss every day. These 3 have no idea how much they mean to me and how much I miss our regular dinners and discussions! They are truly amazing ladies and I'm proud to know them ...
  
  
  
  
And do you notice that random guy behind us waving - that would be Robert ... my favorite cousin in law!

No comments: