Saturday, January 17, 2009

Layout Musings

I know I've been a bit lax in adding my pages here so here are a few layouts I've done since I last posted pages ...

Wendy and I are doing ADSR again this year (our 4th time competing together!) and this is my layout for the 4th challenge this year. There were two rules - make it artsy (add art stuff like paint and ephemera) and make your journaling come from the soul. So, here's what I came up with. And I mostly used Valorie Brown's Bella kit which is absolutely beautiful! This kit is still just $1 so RUN to get it here.


Next, is a page I did for the Color Challenge over at FPD this week. We used teal, red and bling! I think it turned out just adorable.

And here's a page I did for the FPD Scraplift challenge using Krystal Hartley's brand new Love Me Tender kit which is stunning (you can grab it here, not a dollar anymore but it's worth every penny).

And my page for my FPD Font Challenge this week where we're coloring our fonts for a funky look. I used lliella's Rollicking kit which is so cute and fun (you can grab it here). By the way, there's still time to join me this week and possibly win an awesome prize! Come by the forum here for the details!

And my first Project 365 Pages - this is week one which is a two page spread. I'll be doing one of these for each week of the project and later getting them bound into one book for us. Used lots of Weed & Wildflowers Life 365 kit!


This is another one of the ADSR pages - this one was a challenge to redo one of your first layouts uploaded to a gallery. My first layout at DST was a 2 pager about Sami meeting the twins which really needed a refresher! (You can see the original here). I used Laura Bratcher's Fiddle-Dee-Dee kit which is still selling for just $1 here & may well be my new favorite kit. It's so fun & has tons of cute little elements in there! It was fun to do a new page using the same photos and journaling - showed me how far I've come since the early days of digital scrapbooking!

This is another great kit by MandaBean over at SSD. I love how this page turned out!

This was a page I did during our first FPD Font Challenge which was to use a specific font for your title. I used much Traci Murphy goodies on this one.

Another ADSR layout - this one was to rip/tear your photo into at least 3 pieces and journal on your page. I wanted to focus my journaling on my word for the year - SIMPLIFY. I'm really happy how this one turned out too!

From Bella Scraps Magazine - the girls we love so much!

Another one from Bella Scraps Magazine. A very different approach to a page for me but I loved the photo of Paul and wanted to make it a little funkier than I usually do ... I love the end result.

One of my all time favorite layouts. Just love everything about this one. This is another layout that was in Bella Scraps Magazine.

Another Bella Scraps magazine layout - the kiddos at the park.
I love this page - so cute and colorful!

My mom's ham biscuit recipe which is YUMMY! Had to add this to the recipe collection!

Our princess ...

A layout about my being a Mom & how much I love every minute of it!

Christmas - pretty self explanatory!

Another new favorite layout - Meighan is really getting into Barbie's these days and I have a ton of photos of her playing Barbie. I love how this turned out, too!

Using Jannylynn's My Love kit which is so cute and lovely - you can grab it here.

That's it for me tonight. I need to go get all my 365 Project photos uploaded here so you can see what we've been up to. Which I warn you isn't much as it's been so cold that I can't even describe it to you! 7 degrees and a Below zero wind chill = TOO COLD!

No comments: