Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving Musings

I know I'm a little late but I wanted to share some photos from our St. Louis Thanksgiving. Other than my honeymoon, this is the first Thanksgiving that I haven't spent the day with my family in Virginia. And it was my very first turkey. I think that, overall, it was very successful. Everyone said that the dinner we put together was yummy! We didn't leave the house ALL day. Me and Meighan wore pajamas ALL day. And we just enjoyed each other's company!

Here is our spread - turkey, stuffing, yams, green beans, biscuits, gravy, cranberries with Pumpkin and Banana Creme pies for dessert!

Just before we ate, we went around the table to say what we were thankful for this year. Paul and I said what you'd expect - the kids, each other, having a steady paycheck, etc. Meighan gave a longggggggg list of all the people she loves - Mommy, Daddy, Alex, Sami, Grandma, Grandpa, Nina, PopPop, Elizabeth, Mimi, Aunt Paula, Uncle Ken, Alyssa, Jenna, Stephanie, Carmen, John, Miss Kimmie, etccccccccccccc. She went on and on and on some more. Mentioning anyone and everyone she's basically ever met even people that I don't remember us meeting. So, then I turned to Alex to ask him what he was thankful for and he just looked at me very seriously and said "BARS AND APPLES, Mommy!" We almost fell out of our chairs, cracking up. He is so funny. He goes his own way and I love that about him. And, again, this demonstrates the massive differences in raising a boy and a girl. They are such different creatures that it amazes me each and every day.







I had to work the day after Thanksgiving but before bed that night, the kids and I made chocolate chip cookies (well, Alex was there for maybe 3 minutes before taking off to do something more interesting). Meighan was there until the end - she's a great helper in the kitchen! Here she is showing off her freshly baked cookies ...


And being silly, silly for the camera ...



And the final product. They were YUMMY and didn't last long!


And, last, but certainly not least - is my son, caught in the act of playing with Mommy's camera which he knows very well is not allowed. By the way, it wasn't just laying around. He climbed quite a bit to get it and bring it to his level to play with. When I pulled our Thanksgiving photos off the card, I found about 12 of these very close up and very incriminating photos ...




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: