Sunday, November 16, 2008

Musings on John's Visit to St. Louis

I'm sorry that I'm a bit late posting this but its been CHAOS here due to some work stuff that I have going on which has been keeping me occupied day and night!

So, back in November, John came to visit us in the big city! We had a great visit ... the night he arrived, my friend Stephanie came over and we all played wii & laughed at our crazy kiddos! See Spiderman climbing over John in the background of the next picture. Yes, my kids are greatly entertaining!!!


Stephanie who will kill me when she sees I posted this here as well as on FaceBook! She's my best bud at work & keeps me sane when work gets insane. And she gets me which is so nice!

Paul helping Meighan play baseball ...

Meighan getting instructions from her 'coach' (AKA Daddy) ...

It was COLD the day we spent at Forest Park so we all bundled up nicely ... I've got to get used to the actual winter that we're experiencing here. I'm a girl who didn't even own a winter coat in VA ... now I need to buy one and QUICKLY. And a hat. And gloves. And snow boots.

Silly, silly, silly & sillier ...

St. Louis in all his glory -

The St. Louis Art Museum which we visited for the first time with John. It's a very nice museum and we had a great time. The kids were really good which surprised me since they had to be quiet & aren't that interested in art ...

Forest Park - It's so beautiful.

Megs and John looking over the park -

See, they occasionally like each other. They even hug each other when they aren't ready to kill each other. Yes, we're having lots of sibling fighting these days but I hear that its par for the course and to get used to it!

Our beautiful girl -

John and Alex spinning webs & Meighan doing gosh knows what -

Walking up to the Arch ...






My favorite guys ...

Alex saw a helicopter which he LOVES and is now wanting to ride in ...


Next, was Stephanie's birthday. The kids immediately ushered Stephanie upstairs and into the tent when she arrived at our house for her birthday celebration. She was a good sport & ended up having a blast with our kiddos.



The kids helped with her cake ...

Paul and John took the kids to see the Science Museum here in St. Louis. I was at work and missed it but these pictures are making me want to go ASAP. They said it was a very cool museum and definately more modern and interesting that the one in Richmond which I think is old and in need of massive upgrades.








Just before John flew out of town, he and Paul went back to the Arch so that he could actually go up in it. When we'd gone the weekend before, the lines were massive and they decided to wait. So here are pictures they took while visiting the Arch.

The baseball field ....


View from the top - yikes. Makes me sick to my stomach to look down like that.

Doesn't he look sad to be leaving?


Okay, that's it for the moment. I have more Thanksgiving photos to post which I'll do soon. And some layouts to share.

No comments: