Thursday, December 18, 2008

Makeup Musings

I am a HUGE makeup fanatic. I love to look at it, try it on, and am always looking for the best possible products out there. I could get lost in makeup aisles almost as easily as a book store (more on that later). I thought I would share the products that I love and can't live without. I'd love to hear about your favorites and what you love about them so definitely share!

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - I admit that I was hesitant to believe that this product could really help me. I kept hearing people rave on and on about it but I just wasn't sure. When I had a few extra dollars, I went ahead and purchased it. WOW is all I can say. I cannot live without it anymore! It really is like no other primer that I've tried. The consistency is wonderful and my eyeshadow stays all day & into the night without any need to reapply. It also keeps my liquid eyeliner on all day which is practically a miracle! No creasing, no fading. Even in the middle of the summer, with sweat running down my face, my eyeshadow and eyeliner is PERFECT. Truly a miracle product for me.



2. Philosophy's Hope In A Jar - This is a therapeutic daily facial moisturizer for all skin types that has made such a difference for my skin. I have fairly sensitive, combination skin & have a difficult time finding a moisturizer that meets all my needs. But not anymore! I love this moisturizer. It was apparently created for the medical market originally for patients in pursuit of younger, healthier skin. I really have seen a difference in my skin - it looks healthier, breaks out less and has a glow that I wasn't getting with drug store brands. There is also a version for Sensitive Skin that I recently purchased which I love even more!

3. Benefit Cosmetics Sketching Pencils for Lips - I have a love/hate relationship with lip pencils. I buy them over and over trying to find the perfect formula & only end up with a chalky mess. Or the color is wrong. Or it disappears in 2 seconds. I splurged on this lip pencil (I chose Posh) a few months ago and I am in love. The color is intense but not obnoxious. The application is smooth and never once chalky. It stays put & makes my lipstick look better. I love it.

4. Everyday Minerals Mineral Makeup - I have fallen madly in love with this line of mineral makeup after YEARS of searching for the right foundation. I've tried it all - drugstore brands, department store brands, all the expensive mineral makeups & everything in between. But, I've never been happy. Until now. First, the final look is AMAZING (in my humble opinion). It lasts all day, has great coverage and they offer so many shades that finding the right one is easy. Secondly, they offer a free sample makeup kit which includes 3 shades of foundation, 1 blush or face color, and 1 concealer. Lastly, their prices are outstanding especially compared to the other brands on the market which don't offer half the quality of this product. After using their foundation, blushes, concealors and face colors for a couple of years, I finally decided to try out their eye shadows and I LOVE them. I love that I can get such a WIDE variety of colors for such a great price & that I can get so many different kinds of coverage with one product. It took some getting used to - doing my eyes with loose powder but it was worth it! My personal regimine of Everyday Minerals includes Buff - Fairly Light Neutral Foundation, followed by Nick Nack blush, a brush of Light Pink face color. I then do my eye shadow (my favorite shades - which I wear almost every day - are On The Phone & Shopping Spree). I also recommend In the Garden, Wild Flowers, Starry Eyed, and Rare Silk). Check them out ... you won't be disappointed!

5. Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush is my favorite brush for applying foundation. I wasn't so sure about the shape (particularly the flat end) but its GREAT for applying mineral makeup. It's soft and provides great coverage. I think brushes are a matter of personal preference but this is one that I love and would recommend.


That is my Top 5 list ... what would be on your Top 5? Introduce me to some new (or tried and true) products! I'm looking forward to seeing what you love ...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm a huge make up fan - loved your list. The Urban Decay primer is next on my list to buy. I've heard great things about it. I'm a huge Bare Escentuals fan - maybe I'll give EveryDay Minerals a try someday.