Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Musings

I'm back ... finally, huh? Sorry. Again, we've been busy and I've neglected the blog as a result. I have had this terrible cough for two weeks which has now caused my voice to go away completely. So annoying! I am now officially mute so if I'm not returning your calls or reaching out to you, its because I can barely talk!

I had this week off of work to get some things done around the house and catch up from the holidays. I did get a few things done but my cold really got in the way. I got the kitchen cabinets all organized and baby proofed (again!). I cleaned out the twins closet (I'll work on organizing the toys tonight). I got a lot of scrapbooking done which I really needed. I hadn't done a page since November and I really needed the release! So, here are a few of the layouts that I've done for you to see.

This one is of my sister Elizabeth - isn't that a great picture of her! This is using Rose Farver's kit which is so bright and fun!

And this one is my little Alex - this is a scraplift of VickyP which I did for Jeanelle Paige's CT challenge - all of the papers/elements are Jeanelle's.

And this one is one of my mom and Alex. This is one of my absolute favorite pictures! Again, I'm using Jeanelle Paige's designs.

And this is one about Meighan and her Mom Mom (Meighan's middle name is Rose, after Mom Mom). I love this picture and Traci Reed's new Satin Cami kit was perfect for this page!


And here is another of my sister, Elizabeth! Isn't she a cutie? This is another page with lots of Jeanelle Paige's designs.



And here is my Resolution page for the Amazing Digi Race (like the tv show but there are teams of digital scrapbookers competing for prizes for the month of January). Wendyzine is my partner and we are so excited to be a part of the race. Anyway, this one uses another of Traci Reed's kits - Ruffled Skirt - which ROCKS!

And this is one of Meighan, using some of Nina Scraps' new goodies! This is her Symbiosis kit which is really beautiful!

And here is my 2nd Amazing Digi Race layout - this one about Meighan and her new fascination with baby dolls. I used the Pajamas 4 Love Mega Kit for this one because the challenge didn't allow me to use more than one digital piece by any one designer. That was not easy for this primarily kit scrapper!
This is another resolutions page but this one is a bit more specific about my plans - more journaling than anything else. I did this one for a CT Challenge for Rose Farver's CT (thanks, Kirsty!) and used Rose's newest kit for it!

And last, but not least, a page about a musical concert that my sister and Sami put together for us when we visited Pennsylvania in the spring. This one uses Melissa Rose's new kit, Memories, which is so beautiful and elegant!


Okay, as you can see, I've been busy and I've really enjoyed the creative release. I'm going to be back with another post full of Christmas pictures to share. I'm going to go work on that right now! Happy New Year! I still can't believe that it's 2007!


No comments: