Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday Musings

I know, I know. Bad Amy!!!! I really did intend to be a better blogger. But life seems to always get in the way. I'm going to aim for twice a week and ask Kirsty to keep me in line. (Although she really did try since my last post - she hello'd me on a regular basis to remind me!)

Okay, so what's been going on. Well, let's start with some exciting digital scrapbooking news that I have ... those of you who also digiscrap can probably understand what I mean when I say that I have a wish list of designers that I'd love to work with as part of their Creative Team. Mine have included Audrey Neal, Amanda Rockwell, Jan Crowley, Karah Fredericks, Jen Caputo, Ashley Olsen, Dani Mogstad, Kimberly Geswein, Shawna Clingerman, Lauren Reid, Holly McCaig, Miss Mint, etc.

Well, earlier this week, Audrey Neal made my day by asking me to to join her Creative Team (talk about a dream come true). Then, I was asked to spend February as Guest CT for Karah Fredericks and March as Guest CT for both Toni Berman and Kimberly Geswein. I am just so excited about each of these opportunities what a wonderful, exciting time for me! Each of them are incredible women and so talented that it blows me away! I can't wait to get started!

Then, I found out that Jen Beschinski, who was the first designer to offer me a spot on her Creative Team, will now be selling her beautiful things at The Digi Shoppe. WOO HOO Jen! I'm so excited for you! Lots of exciting things going on in the digi world right now.

Okay, so let's get on to showing you all the pretty LOs that I've done since I posted last.

First up is a LO that I did using my Amazing Race partner's (Wendy Zine) heritage photos as part of the race. This is not the size LO that I typically scrap in so it was quite a challenge for me. It was also my first heritage page which was good practice for the family history album I hope to start this year! And the blank spot in the middle will allow her to journal for herself!


And here is the layout that Wendy did for me, using some great photos of my grandparents. I need to add my own journaling but I really love what she did with these photos!

And now here's a LO of Alex using Jeanelle Paige's Starry Eyed Surprise kit and one of Traci Reed's Sketch Templates - Look how little he was!


And this is one that I did for a CT scraplift challenge for Melissa Rose's CT, very different layout for me but I like it!

And now, another of my Amazing Race layouts, this one using Nina Scraps' new Celebrate Love kit. This one is about my hubby who I rarely do pages about. I need to do more Paul pages!

And now a Meighan page using Jeanelle Paige's designs - aren't these Clusterifics incredible?


And then, a Meighan and Alex page using Jen Beschinski's new Pucker Up Kit and Valentine Decorations. I also used an Audrey Neal Template but I altered it quite a bit to fit with waht I was going for here.

And here's a LO that I did using Traci Reed's new Punk Love kit (which debuts at ACOT tonight). I just love how this turned out!

And last, but not least, is another Amazing Race LO this one for my All About Me book - the challenge was to do an all about me page and to include advice to your younger self. I picked my high school self and found one of my old photos. Can I just say how wasted youth is on a 17 year old girl? I look at this picture and think 'WOW, I was looking good back then!' but I remember that I spent all my high school years feeling like the ugliest person on the planet - overweight and downright ugly! Gosh, to have such a terrible self image at such a young age! Anyway, here's my page using Jeanelle's new Funky Elegance Kit!


Okay, so those are the pages that I've done since my last post. Things have been fine here - we're all doing okay. The twins are getting bigger every day. Last weekend, Meighan spent the night and most of the day Saturday with her Grandma and Grandpa. She really enjoyed having some one on one time with them. And, we enjoyed having Alex all to ourselves. He really seemed to love being an only child for a few hours. Here are a few recent pictures to tide you over until my next post ...


Look how long her hair is getting? Isn't she adorable? She loves her Doodle Pro!


And here's our boy. I'm having a hard time posting anything but landscape pcitures which makes finding photos to post more and more difficult. I hope that they fix the problem soon. It's beginning to get annoying. Okay, more later ...

No comments: