Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Musings

Well, here we go again ... things have been so crazy with the holidays that I've just been too busy (and exhausted) to actually come on and post on the blog. Let's see, what have we been up to?

We had a wonderful, quiet Christmas this year. The twins really enjoyed opening presents - well, Meighan did, Alex was more concerned with playing with the things that Meighan unwrapped. We were on a tight budget this year so we didn't go crazy with presents. Each of th twins got a little toddler chair - Alex received an Elmo one and Meighan received a Dora one. Very cute and they actually like them and use them. The Elmo one giggles when you sit in it or move it. Let's see how long it is before that starts annoying me and Paul to no end! Meighan also got several baby dolls and she's had the best time taking care of them - feeding them, rocking them, etc. She's so cute. She asks for her 'baby' as soon as I pick her up from Christina's. She's getting to be such a big girl. When did she stop being a baby and become a girl??? It goes by so fast. Alex got 2 new Little Einstein DVDs which he LOVES and immediately demanded that he be able to watch them. He carries the cases around like they are priceless treasure. They also got some more 'kitchen' items to go with their plastic food products and plastic bowls. They got 2 lift the flap books which they love. They got some wooden alphabet blocks and a few other things. But, like I said, we kept things pretty low key this year. Christmas afternoon I went and picked Sami up and we came back home and headed over to my mom's for our Christmas with them. My mom made baked spagetti (oh, it was GOOD) and we hung out while opening presents. Mom and Dave did entirely too much for all of us this year. We are so thankful to have them in our lives. We are now owners of a DVD for our van (thanks Mom and Dave) which Alex and Meighan will LOVE. We're hoping that this will make trips a bit easier so we can take a trip to PA in February or March to see everyone!

So, all in all, we had a wonderful holiday! It was nice and quiet which was a relief. I'm sure that next year (and every year after) will be increasingly crazy as the twins grow up! Tonight we'll be having our Christmas with my dad, Nina, Elizabeth and the rest of my dad's side of the family. It'll be so nice to see them and spend some time with them. And, this is my Mimi's first Christmas without my Papa so I think she'll enjoy having all of us gathered at her house.

Another big event in our household has been that the twins are both climbing out of their cribs constantly now. And if I don't get to them quick enough, which is easy to do since they now know how to whisper to each other as they climb out, they go about making a huge mess, pulling things out of drawers, throwing toys around, and just generally wreaking havoc! It looks like we're going to have to figure out the toddler bed thing a little earlier than I'd hoped. My mom has Emmy's old toddler bed waiting for us to pick up but we have to see if one of the cribs we have will convert. I think one of them will. So, we officially have toddlers. Our babies are growing up! They are talking more and more every day. Learning more and more every day. It's wonderful!

I have some exciting scrapbooking news - Traci Reed asked me to be a Hawt Mama! YEAH! I just love Traci's designs and I had gotten to know her through our being on Rose's CT. I'm so excited to get the opportunity to work with her designs and promote them around the digital community. She sells at ACOT and NDISB.

Well, I'm still downloading all of our Christmas pictures so I promise to upload some for you to see soon!

No comments: