Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Open Book Challenge!!

As most of you know, two of my ALL time favorite things are scrapbooking and reading. I spend almost all of my free time doing one or the other. When I saw that Audrey Neal (one of my favorite scrappers and digi designers) was going to be starting a challenge involving books and scrapbooking, I was ecstatic! Even better, she asked me to join in and help with teh challenge so you'll be hearing a lot about it here because I think its my favorite new challenge! What's not to love ... books, scrapbooking, creating pages to document your stories while also getting excellent book recommendations from a variety of readers & scrapbookers! Can you tell that I'm excited!?!?!


Do you love to read? Do you love to scrap? Does the idea of combining those two things make you giddy with excitement? If so, then you're in luck! Head over to Audrey Neal's blog to learn about a wonderful new challenge series she's got posted over there!!! 

The Open Book Challenges are a series of bi-monthly scrapbooking challenges based on the books we've read and loved. Each challenge will have multiple prompts, both design- and content-based. The great thing is that you can use each challenge in any way YOU want - use one, two or all the prompts! Whatever works best for you!  You can read more about the series and the scrappers (including ME!) that are bringing these challenges your way by heading HERE!

And the very first challenge has been posted HERE! And its based on one of my all-time favorite books (and one that I highly recommend that you run out and buy immediately) - The Help by Kathryn Stockett!

I loved the book and always thought it has such beautiful cover art so I was so glad that Audrey picked this for our first official challenge!And here is my layout using a few of the prompts (use the attached color scheme, use birds on your layout, and use a scalloped-edge element to hold your journaling or title) ... I also decided to go with a heritage photo of me and my cousins form the early 1970s because the photo always makes me smil and I thought it would be perfect with this color scheme!
 
Credits: From Anotha Mista by Simply Scraps, Solid Paper Pack by Sarah Bennett, 
Scratch by Secret Garden Creations, Dreaming of You by Shanmomto4 Designs, 
Mother Nature – A FPD collab kit, Softly Spoken by Joyce Paul and 
Singled Out Template by Shanmomto4 Designs


Every other week, we'll be bringing you a new book recommendation AND new challenges to inspire you to create more beautiful scrapbook pages! I hope you'll come join in! I'd love to see what you can do with these unique and interesting challenge prompts!


No comments: