Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday

Hello everyone ... I'm sorry I haven't posted an update in awhile. Needless to say, it's been crazy here. Well, in the end, Wachovia was purchased by Wells Fargo. That includes the securities business which means my firm. I'm actually really happy about the result of all this craziness. I think that the outcome is perfect for Wachovia, Wachovia Securities and the public. Wells is a great firm with a wonderful reputation. They have very similar values to Wachovia and their culture is quite similar to ours. The merger should be less painful than it would have been with Citigroup. It will also cost considerably less for the taxpayers than the Citigroup which is a good thing. In terms of my job, I have very high hopes for the merger and what it means for me and my department. Wells Fargo does not have much of a securities brokerage now which means that there should be very little overlap. Hopefully, that will bode well for us and our department. We don't know much yet as the whole thing is so new but I feel good about it and how it will impact me. Apparently, they've announced that our headquarters for securities/brokerage will remain in St. Louis which is good news. I prefer to stay here rather than have to potentially move again. We really like it here so I'm glad that its likely that we'll be able to stay on in St. Louis. So, ultimately, there will be a lot more change coming but at this point, I'm happy with where we are and where we're going at work right now. I'll keep you posted.

Otherwise, things are well here. We've been continuing to put the final touches on the house. I'm being entirely too indecisive about hanging things so I need to get it together so Paul can hang all of our pictures, etc. I need to let go of wanting/needing perfection and just go with what I like!

I'm planning to buy a new camera tomorrow when I get paid because my other one is still broken and its going to cost me almost as much to fix it as I would to get a new and improved camera. I'm missing mine soooooo much. I can't wait to get my new one in my hands!!!

One last little thing - over at Sweet Shoppe Designs they do a 'From Our Blog to Yours' series that I'm going to try to begin posting here on occasion. Just for fun!

So, here goes.

First, from the 9/25/08 post - how fast do you type? I thought this would be interesting since I think of myself as a fairly good typist and I have always scored very high on typing tests. So, I took the test and my results were:

73 words

Typingtest



I think that's a little slower than I'd expected but I didn't feel like trying again LOL

Second, from the 10/2/08 post - they asked what is your favorite fast food. Well, that is a tough one for me. I'm really trying to limit the fast food these days but if I'm forced to pick just one, I think I have to go with Wendy's (I've yet to see a Wendy's here in St. Louis, by the way! Do they exist here?). I like their burgers quite a bit and their fries are good (not as good as McDonald's but a close 2nd).

And lastly, from the 10/9/08 post, what is your ice cream personality? This cracks me up. So here goes, I did the Ice Cream Personality Test and apparently I am :

Your Ice Cream Personality:
You like to think of yourself as a fairly modest person. And it's true that you don't talk yourself up... but you're also pretty happy with who you are.

You are a pretty cautious person. You look before you leap, and you don't leap often. There's a bit of a wild child within you, but it doesn't get out often.

You are a somewhat open minded person, but deep down you're fairly conservative. You don't like trying new things very much. And if you do find something new you like, you stick with it.

You are a natural multitasker. You feel alive when you're doing more than one thing at a time.

You can be a big dramatic and over the top sometimes. You are bold in every way.

Well, as I read this ... I think it's actually pretty accurate. What do you think?

Okay, that's it for tonight! Thanks for checking in. I have a TON of layouts to share which I'll try to do this week. Maybe tonight if I'm feeling industrious!

No comments: