Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Musings

I'm so proud of my new city ... St. Louis ... for coming out yesterday to support Barack Obama so incredibly yesterday ... Between 80,000 and 100,000 people in front of the Arch to hear this amazing man speak. Even if you don't support Obama, that is INCREDIBLE. This particular rally broke records all around - the sheer amount of people is truly amazing! This is a history making election and I'm so proud of St. Louis for coming out and supporting him. The picture below just took my breath away - to see all of those people in that space makes my heart sing. And if you want to hear what he said yesterday in St. Louis, you can watch the video HERE.


What struck me powerfully was this particular segment of his speech ...

'Because while my opponent thinks this campaign is all about me – the truth is, this campaign is about you. Your jobs. Your health care. Your retirement. Your children’s future. That’s what this election is about. That’s what I’m fighting for. Because I can take two more weeks of these attacks from John McCain, but the American people can’t take four more years of the same failed policies and the same divisive politics. That’s why I’m running for President of the United States.'

I think he is an amazing man that I would be proud to have as our next President. I've been very taken by his calm demeanor, his integrity, his honesty. I find him so refreshing and feel so good about the idea of him leading our country, particularly given our current challenges. I can't wait until Election Day! So that I can cast my vote for change.

I know that each of us decides who to vote for based on so many different factors. I wanted to share with you how I feel and where I'm at right now. But, ultimately, I just hope that, whoever you decide to vote for this year, please educate yourself about the issues and make your decision based on your own values! Try to get beyond the rhetoric and negativity in order to decide who you believe is the right person to lead our country. It's incredibly important that we all come out to the polls this year, whoever you decide to vote for.



(voting element by Penny Springman)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Honey, you forgot to mention that McCain is cut from the same cloth as W, only much older cloth... like a saber-toothed tiger pelt. He's 72 people and if he would pass on, do we really want Palin to lead our country... a person who takes shooting from the hip literally... asks the moose... that's right you can't cause she shot them from a helicopter... very sporting! Do we really want a couple of short tempered self proclaimed "Mavericks" leading our country into more senseless mistakes because "they are pissed off!"

Bring our troops home from a "control another government of an oil producing nation so people like McCain, the Bush's, and their friends can make more money" war! Note to morons... there were no weapons of mass destruction and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11... look at the facts... read the independent studies! W and the republicans, including McCain, used 9/11 for their own personal goals using fear and lies to get the backing of the American people, which included the senate and congress. Do you think we should worry about our nation instead of pouring trillions of dollars into a war we shouldn't have started in the first place? McCain will continue the spending on the war in Iraq, continue to sacrifice the young men and women of our military, and continue to put our nation into a greater deficit... all because we have to "WIN" the war! Should we continue the efforts in Afghanistan... continue to hunt Bin Laden... your damn right we should. When he is found he needs to be draw and quarter... it needs to be televised worldwide... it needs to send a message to the next a-hole you will get yours if you f with us... it needs to strike fear in the next loony that we, the American people, will not be intimidate and we will hunt you to the ends of the earth and make you pay.

I hope you are independently wealth because if you are like the majority of the people in this country 5000 bucks isn't going to cover health insurance... you do know with McCain plan upward of 90% of companies will drop coverage's all together and you will have to provide health insurance out of pocket... hope you are single and in great health cause 5k isn't going to cover a family plan. Don't believe me, cause truly I could care less if you do, but look into it yourself... call a few insurance companies and get a quote and I bet the 5k won't cover it.

If you make over 250k a year... so what if your taxes go up... you can afford it! So what if you won't be able to vacation in Aspen, the Rivera, Greece and Italy all in the same year... you'll only be able to take 3 of the trips so pick your favorite. So what if you can only afford to buy one new BMW this year. Get over it... it's really not all about you it's about our country. If you are rich don't you think it is your obligation to do what you can to help, even if that means you pay more in taxes? Let me answer that for you... no.

I hope you don't vote for McCain because you are a republican or at least think you are... I hope you don't decide NOT to vote for Obama because he is black or because of the lies McCain, Fox News, and other republicans have used as a cornerstone for McCain's campaign. I hope you vote for the candidate that will help this country regardless of these things... it's time for a change people and if you research and read the unbiased facts you will see who should be our next leader... you will see who shouldn't.