Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Musings

Hello everyone - Hope you're having a happy Monday! I'm having an okay day today! I'm pretty tired and feeling like I might be getting a summer cold (YUCK!) but I'm trying to rest and hope for the best. I think tonight I'm going to curl up on the sofa and watch some more of the John Adams mini-series which I started last night. It's a wonderful series, by the way, and if you haven't seen it, you'll probably really enjoy it!

Things are going well here in St. Louis - we're getting along well, trying to explore a little and figure this town out! We spent Friday night in Fenton, MO which has a really nice new shopping area - we went to Best Buy and had dinner at Red Robin. The kids were surprisingly well behaved so we all enjoyed the night out. On Saturday, we went over to West County mall and its a really nice mall with a lot of different stores. We had fun seeing what was available. That particular mall will be literally minutes from our new house so we're excited about that (and I think my Mom will love it too since it has a Macy's with 3 (yes, 3!!) floors. She'll be in heaven!).

We spent Sunday here at the house, just hanging out and playing with our new Wii. I've hesitated a lot about buying one but we're all having a great time with it. Paul spent 2 hours playing tennis on Saturday night and got a great workout. It's nice to be able to do something fun together that also gets us off the couch.

Otherwise, we're just getting by and having fun together. I think we may have found a really nice little daycare for the kids. I think Paul is going to take the kids by there this week to check it out. I'll keep you posted! Most of the daycare's we have seen are VERY expensive so we're hoping that this one will work out. We'll just have to see!

Onto the pictures for today -

Alex has a growing collection of figures from Spider-Man and he just added the newest one - Doc Ock - which he's spent days staring at and playing with -




Our beautiful girl, mesmerized by Max and Ruby!

Here are some photos of the kids figuring out the Wii - they actually seem to be 'getting' it and enjoying playing, particularly tennis, bowling and baseball.



And our little girl who decided to show off her newly painted nails and toe nails. She's becoming quite the makeup obsessed little girl - she spent 20 minutes in Sephora with me and wanted a ton of stuff. We settled on one lipstick, 2 lip glosses and a set of brushes. Yikes - we're really in for it now!

Freshly made up with her new eye shadow!

That is it for tonight. I hope you're having a nice day! Be back soon with more ...

No comments: